Austin Independent School District (AISD) allows people to build careers. AISD often announces open positions for all positions. They certainly hire people to better serve their students. The vacancy in AISD that gives you a career opportunity as bus driver, because in AISD the position of the bus driver is very important.
In fact, the Austin Independent School District carries about 23,000 students per day in 50 school bus. In these situations, AISD provides students with reliable, safe and professional transportation.
Today you have the opportunity to apply your driving skills to protect students with AISD school bus. If you want to climb the career ladder, this is a great opportunity for bus drivers and mechanics to join AISD Transport, and see AISD bus driver requirements.
- More info: How Will Parents Access Blend AISD?
AISD School Bus Driver Requirements
Before applying for the AISD bus driver position, make sure you meet all of the following requirements below to meet a number of AISD requirements to apply for a bus driver position.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License (Class C is acceptable)
- At least 21 years old or older
- Must have an acceptable driving record according to TPS safety standards
- Have to pass a Department of Transportation Physical Examination and pass a drug & alcohol test
AISD graciously rewards and incentivizes CDL tuition and reimburses CDL costs, saving you up to $ 69. A bonus of approximately $ 400 is awarded to the bus driver after six months of work with no avoidable accidents and no more than two passes. They also offer some employee benefits, health insurance, vacation pay, and personal and sick leave.
List of AISD School Bus Driver Job Vacancies
AISD is currently creating vacancies in the transport department, including school bus driver. At least 4 people have to sit with school bus drivers on different routes, and here are the details below.
School Bus Driver (St. Stephen’s Episcopal School, Austin, TX 78746)
$25 an hour
- Transport students to and from campus for trips, athletic events, or other special events.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Maintain a clean and mechanically sound bus at all times.
- Ensure the safety of all bus riders, including correcting bus rider behavior as needed to maintain a safe environment.
- Perform inspections of the bus before and after each route.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have current, unexpired class C driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Previous school bus driving experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
School Bus Driver (Texas School for the Deaf Austin, TX 78704)
$21.53 an hour
Ensure safe and orderly transportation of students and other authorized personnel on assigned routes to and from school as well as related activities. Safely operate school buses and other various types of passenger vehicles. Work under general supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and good judgment.
- Graduation from standard senior high school or equivalent certificate or four years of bus driving experience.
- Must possess a minimum of a Class B Texas Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger & School Bus Endorsements appropriate for operating school buses.
- Must possess TEA School Bus Drivers Certificate or be able to obtain certification within three months of employment.
- Must possess and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment controlled substance screening, school bus driver medical examination, driving history check, and criminal history check; and, successful completion of an annual DOT physical examination.
- Must submit to and test negative on all required drug and/or alcohol tests.
- Sign Language: The applicant does not need to have sign language skills at hire but will be required to participate in sign language classes offered at TSD until reaching a level of INTERMEDIATE as evaluated on the Signed Communication Proficiency Interview.
The work as AISD school bus driver with high risk levels that always deal with very negative conditions such as: smoke, heat, cold, dust, darkness, dirt, and sudden changes in temperature, wind, humidity or flashing.
- Don’t miss: AISD Grades Self Serve
National School Bus Safety Week
Use the Bus Stop Finder to find the bus stop for your student. Enter the student’s home address and find the nearest AISD bus stop.
Students riding or waiting on the AISD school bus are monitored by the district as if they were in the school building or school yard, and the school district’s discipline policy applies.
National School Bus Safety Week is an active and growing community education program aimed at improving school bus safety. For more information, see the National Student Transport Association.
My passion for learning is associated with personal satisfaction and many of the benefits that help me learn something new. I have published number of review articles with internationally reputed, and I respond to the personal queries of the students related to the subject throughout the day on AISD Portal.